He dropped down on one knee and popped the question!
Congratulations! Now the planning begins and you have decided to have a Destination Wedding! Big question…”Where do I begin?” We get so many couples that feel overwhelmed and don’t have any idea on where to start. To make this incredible experience less stressful we recommend that you do the following:
- Get a notebook and start writing down your vision of your special day, include the type of resort that you like. Maybe it is something tropical with bungalow style buildings and must have a white beach! Or maybe you prefer something with more adventure and lush like Costa Rica. The more you vision it and write things down you will be providing your Destination Wedding Specialist with a good idea of you and your style.
- List your desired countries and narrow it down to when you would like to go.
- Determine your budget, when working on this crucial point in the planning you need to consider your budget on the trip itself, your wedding dress, what type of reception that you would want. Do you want a private reception or would one that is included in the wedding package be sufficient. Maybe you would like a reception that is held offsite away from the property. Again be realistic with your budget and break it down into each category like, trip, reception, photography, flowers, etc.
- Research the destinations that you are thinking about and see what is available for things such as day trips, cultural events, etc.
- Get yourself in touch with a Destination Wedding Specialist in your own country who will be there with you through the entire experience. This person will not only provide you with the wedding planning but also with securing great rates for your group. This is a very important component as you will have someone to guide you through what needs to be done and when it needs to be done.
- After your Destination Wedding Specialist assists you in selecting resorts and you have narrowed it down to three (my recommendation), then you need to look at the pricing for your guests, the wedding packages, and don’t forget to have the list of extras and the costs for such things as music, photography, etc. Compare the three and quite often at that point one particular property jumps out to the couple.
- Once you have made your decision, let your group know by several methods: Save the date cards, wedding websites, Facebook groups, email, etc. At this point you are ready for your group to book and then you move ahead with other fun planning such as dress shopping! Enjoy making your wedding dreams a reality and ones that will last a lifetime.
To contact the writer, please inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org